Facility Use Policy at Remington Museum
- Requests for facility use must be in writing a minimum of 21 calendar days prior to the event and are the responsibility of the sponsoring organization.
- A contact person of the sponsoring organization shall make all Museum arrangements and be on hand throughout the course of the event.
- Caterer or organization representative responsible for food or drink must meet one week prior to the event with Museum representative to finalize all plans for the event.
- Cancellation must be made at least 72 hours before the event date, or the deposit will be forfeited.
- There will be Museum approval of promotional material.
- The organization must provide proof of insurance and will hold the Museum harmless from any and all circumstances that may arise.
- The Museum will not accept personal reservations for the group;s attendees.
- Decorations must be approved before installation.
B. During the event
- Smoking is not permitted in Museum facilities.
- Food and drink is allowed only in prearranged designated areas. It is never allowed in galleries/rooms housing the collection.
- Flowers are the responsibility of the sponsoring organization. No potted plants are allowed in the galleries. Only candles with glass hurricane chimneys will be allowed in 311; no other candles will be allowed.
- Alcoholic beverages are allowed, with all legal requirements being the responsibility of the sponsoring organization.
- User shall be responsible for any and all damages to the Museum.
- No throwing of rice, confetti, or birdseed at receptions.
- Parking is available in the public lot, west of State Street, behind Northern Physical Therapy.
- A Museum representative will be on the premises during the event.
- Exhibits may not be altered.
- No photography is allowed in the galleries.
- The Museum is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items.
- Balloons will be in designated areas only.
- Hours will be calculated from when the caterer or first guest arrives until the last person leaves.
311 Washington Street - 40
Eva Caten Remington Education Center (Kid's Place) - 40
Parish Mansion/Newell Galleries - 80
Parish Mansion/Newell Galleries cannot be used without use of 311 Washington Street because of food and drink considerations.