Facility Use Policy at Remington Museum
Under the following guidelines, the Museum will make its facilities available for use by other institutions, organizations, groups, and individuals in order to introduce the Museum to new audiences and to serve Museum constituents and the community. These guidelines are developed to consistently respond to requests to use the facility, to ensure safety and security of its collection, and to compensate the Museum for the additional operating costs that will be incurred.
The facilities are allocated first for Museum use. No religious, political, fundraising, or commercial events or ceremonies may be held. The final decision is at the discretion of the Executive Director.
A. Prior to the event
- Requests for facility use must be in writing a minimum of 21 calendar days prior to the event and are the responsibility of the sponsoring organization.
- A contact person of the sponsoring organization shall make all Museum arrangements and be on hand throughout the course of the event.
- Caterer or organization representative responsible for food or drink must meet one week prior to the event with Museum representative to finalize all plans for the event.
- Cancellation must be made at least 72 hours before the event date, or the deposit will be forfeited.
- There will be Museum approval of promotional material.
- The organization must provide proof of insurance and will hold the Museum harmless from any and all circumstances that may arise.
- The Museum will not accept personal reservations for the group;s attendees.
- Decorations must be approved before installation.
B. During the event
- Smoking is not permitted in Museum facilities.
- Food and drink is allowed only in prearranged designated areas. It is never allowed in galleries/rooms housing the collection.
- Flowers are the responsibility of the sponsoring organization. No potted plants are allowed in the galleries. Only candles with glass hurricane chimneys will be allowed in 311; no other candles will be allowed.
- Alcoholic beverages are allowed, with all legal requirements being the responsibility of the sponsoring organization.
- User shall be responsible for any and all damages to the Museum.
- No throwing of rice, confetti, or birdseed at receptions.
- Parking is available in the public lot, west of State Street, behind Northern Physical Therapy.
- A Museum representative will be on the premises during the event.
- Exhibits may not be altered.
- No photography is allowed in the galleries.
- The Museum is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items.
- Balloons will be in designated areas only.
- Hours will be calculated from when the caterer or first guest arrives until the last person leaves.
311 Washington Street - 40
Eva Caten Remington Education Center (Kid's Place) - 40
Parish Mansion/Newell Galleries - 80
Parish Mansion/Newell Galleries cannot be used without use of 311 Washington Street because of food and drink considerations.