Birthday Party Information Guide Scheduling a birthday party at the Eva Caten Remington Education Center is easy, and kids love to come celebrate with their family and friends at the children’s museum.
The Children’s Museum provides:
- A private setting for your group
- A staff member to lead art projects and help with the setup and breakdown of your function
- A room specifically for kids to enjoy cake and gifts
- The opportunity to decorate
- A piñata hook
- A fully stocked art studio
- Several areas for free play and interactive exhibits
- A kitchen for storage of your food and refreshments
- An ice cream scoop and cake knife
- Help cleaning up and removal of garbage
Download the PDF form of the contract and mail it in. You should call in advance to ensure that the time slot you're looking at is available.
Frequently Asked Questions and Price:
Cost: $125 for members, $135 for non-museum members. We also require a $70 refundable deposit. Your full payment plus your deposit must be submitted to the Museum no later than one week before your scheduled event. For more information about memberships call 315-393-2425.
Pizza Delivery: It is very common for hosts to have pizza delivered to Kid’s Place from their favorite pizza parlor.
Decorating: Many hosts choose to have a themed party. You are welcome to bring table cloths, balloons, streamers and other decorations. You can arrive ½ hour before your party to decorate and set up. If you require more time, you can request it through the phone and we charge $35 for every extra half hour.
Piñata: We provide a bat and rope but hosts must provide the piñata.
- We require a refundable deposit of $70 at the time of booking, which will be returned the Tuesday following your event, provided that the children's museum was returned to its original state upon departure.
- Party renters must provide all decorations, food, and paper products
- Children must be supervised, with 1 adult for every 3 children (1-4 years of age) or 1 adults for every 5 children (5-12 years of age. Supervision includes enforcing regular rules such as no running and no entry to off-limits areas.
- If the required standards for supervision are not met, we will be responsible for calling in extra staff to supervise with the cost for staffing taken out of the $70 deposit.
- Renters must agree to return the children's museum in the exact condition in which it was found and are responsible in the instance that something gets broken, with the cost of the item deducted from the $70 deposit.